Lead Frontend Developer
We are a fast-growing, multi award winning technology company in Shoreditch, London. Entering an exciting new business phase, StoryShare is going through a period of exponential growth following newly secured funding.
At StoryShare we build platforms, software development kits and code libraries to enable the world’s biggest brands deliver great digital communication and learning experiences. Our products exist so employees can love their work. Our SaaS communication and learning experience platform, optimised for mobile, reaches anyone, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Our offices thrive with the intelligence and initiative of a hardworking and enthusiastic team, whose combined knowledge and ability has created some of the finest enterprise technology to date. We have created a space where people want to work and companies and clients want to spend time, and now we’re looking for a lead developer to become part of our freethinking and social team.
You are excited about technology, self motivated and passionate about learning. You take an interest in why we do things, and you're able to focus on delivering value for your team. You are a talented developer who aspires to be an expert in their chosen field and you have a strong interest in growing your skills in all web development disciplines.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To participate in sprint ceremonies such as standups, sprint planning and provide accurate estimations.
- To update the task planning system (Jira) with work progress.
- To support the testing team with any queries related to new functionality.
- Identify opportunities to clean up existing code, or refactor for performance and supportability.
Essential Technical Skills
- Web technologies including HTML5 and responsive CSS3
- Use of a CSS framework such as SemanticUI or Bootstrap, and ideally CSS preprocessors such as LESS and SASS.
- Experience writing unit tests (ideally using Jest/Enzyme).
- Using and debugging REST APIs, including concepts such as CORS and authentication techniques.
- Experience debugging the quirks of different browsers (older IE, Mobile Safari), and on mobile devices.
- Source control and team workflow using git and github.com, including PRs, and peer code reviews.
- Working collaboratively in an agile environment including providing accurate development time estimates.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Web optimisation best practices such as JS/CSS minification/compression, image optimisation, lazy loading, chunk splitting etc.
- Selecting and integrating 3rd-party libraries.
- Working knowledge of the OS command line and a relevant scripting language (Bash, Perl, Python), or NodeJS scripting.
- Experience with Cordova or React Native.
- Experience or knowledge of any non-React web framework.
Why join us?
- Salary Range: £75k+ depending upon experience
- Quarterly bonus based on company performance,
- Join a company culture which prioritises personal wellbeing.
- Create bespoke learning plans as you work.
- Celebrate success with recognition awards.
- Monthly evening socials and delicious breakfasts.
- 25 days holiday, plus extra gifted company holiday days
- Options for flexible working hours.
- Childcare vouchers.